Taste Virginia...try a "Virginia Peach"
This homegrown drink recipe is simply refreshing, and leaves you with a taste of summer any time of the year. Have a "Virginia Peach" or two.
• 2 oz. of Virginia Rye Whiskey
(Peg Hatcher's Straight Rye from Twin Creeks Distillery in Rocky Mount, VA)
• 1 oz. of Peach Simple Syrup
(Peach Hibiscus from Crescent Simples in Richmond, VA)
• Fresh Mint
• Large Pinch of Sugar
• A Dash of Orange Bitters
• Crushed Ice
- Chill a martini glass and crush some ice
- Muddle mint sprigs with a generous pinch of sugar in a shaker, save a sprig to garnish
- Add 2 oz. of rye whiskey, 1 oz. of peach simple syrup, and a generous dash or two of orange bitters to shaker
- Add crushed ice to shaker, shake vigorously, strain into the chilled martini glass
- Rub reserved sprig of mint around the glass rim, place on drink
- Sip and enjoy!
Comments are closed.
Stories about Virginia Rye Whiskey, its makers and supporting organizations and individuals. as well as related distilled spirits industry news.
Like and Follow Us :-)